Root canal treatment to save your tooth in Dubai, UAE
If you are suffering from tooth pain or an infection that doesn’t go away with medications, then you may have an infection in the inner portion of your tooth, called the pulp. When this happens, root canal therapy may be recommended. Also called endodontic therapy, root canal treatment is a highly effective way of eliminating your tooth pain, halting the infection, and saving your natural tooth. If you are looking for a root canal dentist, we are here to meet your needs at Precision Dental Clinic in downtown Dubai, UAE.
How root canal therapy works
Beneath the hard-outer layer of enamel and dentin in your tooth lies an inner chamber, which contains a soft tissue that is called pulp, as well as blood vessels and nerves. To perform a root canal, we do the following:
- Numb the tooth and surrounding area with local anesthetic so you are pain-free throughout the procedure
- Drill a small hole in the crown of the tooth to access the inner contents of the tooth
- Remove the infected pulp, as well as the nerve and other contents of the pulp chamber
- Thoroughly disinfect and cleanse the area
- Fill the pulp chamber with a rubber-like material called gutta percha
- Seal the tooth and restore it with a restoration, typically a crown, for long-term protection and durability
Why perform a root canal?
Root canal therapy may be necessary due to issues such as tooth decay, an abscess, or traumatic injury to a tooth. In some cases, injuries from long ago will not manifest themselves until years later, when the tooth suddenly starts causing you pain.
If you wait too long for a root canal, extraction may be necessary because left untreated, the infection in the tooth can become widespread and lead to irreversible damage to the tooth.
Do root canals hurt?
At Precision Dental Clinic, we are equipped with the latest equipment, materials, and knowledge to provide you with a comfortable, pain-free root canal experience. It is a myth that root canals are extremely painful – in fact, root canal therapy provides immense relief from pain by eliminating the source of infection and pain-sensing nerve in your tooth.