Dubai UAE orthodontist explains what you need to know about starting treatment
Many individuals will have orthodontic treatment at some point during their lives. Dr. Punit Thawani of Precision Dental Clinic in Dubai, UAE, has helped countless patients improve the appearance of their smile and the health of their mouth with orthodontic treatment. While many patients believe that you need an orthodontist who only treats misalignment, a full-service dentist can help with all of your oral health care options.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment
While changing your smile’s appearance is the most common reason that patients seek out orthodontic treatment, there are more than just cosmetic benefits.
- Oral health: poorly aligned teeth can also cause oral health problems like overcrowding or gaps where food particles can become stuck and cause tooth decay or gum disease.
- Bite issues: Overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite can make it difficult for patients to bite, chew, and speak.
- Pain and discomfort: Teeth crowding can create pressure or pain, causing headaches and jaw or ear pain.
Types of orthodontic treatment
Orthodontic treatment is custom designed for each patient. Many adults remember traditional braces with brackets and wires from their youth. While that is often an effective treatment for most patients, Dr. Thawani also offers Invisalign, adjunctive orthodontic treatment, and other services that will improve your teeth’ alignment.
- Traditional braces: Patients who have many teeth out of place or need full mouth treatment often opt for traditional orthodontic treatment. This treatment involves placing a metal bracket on each tooth and connecting the brackets with a wire. Over time, the wire is tightened, and the teeth move into their proper position. This treatment takes approximately one to two years and can be used on children, teens, and adults.
- Invisalign: While traditional braces are effective, many adult patients feel intimidated about the attention that wearing them will call to their treatment. Further, the brackets and wires can be sharp and can irritate the inside of the mouth. These patients often opt for Invisalign, which are clear alignment trays. These trays are worn nearly 24 hours a day. Patients wear a tray for approximately two weeks and then move to the next tray, which gently shifts their teeth into the proper position. In addition to being nearly invisible, Invisalign offers the benefit of being removed for eating and brushing.
- Adjunctive orthodontic treatment: For a truly customized experience, Dr. Thawani offers adjunctive orthodontic treatments that apply one or several approaches to getting your teeth into proper alignment. Only one or several teeth need to be adjusted in some cases, and the focus can be strictly on those teeth. In other cases, patients may need additional restorative procedures, such as dental implants. The goal of adjunctive treatment is to help you achieve your best smile in a fast and effective manner.
If you are considering orthodontic treatment, look no further than the trusted dental team at Precision Dental Clinic. Dr. Thawani offers a full suite of restorative and cosmetic dentistry, in addition to orthodontic treatment, providing patients with expert and trusted dental care. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 04 - 2756731.